1 show a response or a reaction to something [syn: respond]
2 undergo a chemical reaction; react with another substance under certain conditions; "The hydrogen and the oxygen react"
3 act against or in opposition to; "She reacts negatively to everything I say" [syn: oppose]
- Rhymes: -ækt
- To act or perform a second time; to do over again; as, to react a play; the same scenes were reacted at Rome.
- To return an impulse or impression; to resist the action of another body by an opposite force; as, every body reacts on the body that impels it from its natural state.
- To act upon each other; to exercise a reciprocal or a reverse effect, as two or more chemical agents; to act in opposition.
REACT or React may refer to:
- Rapid Execution and Combat Targeting System - current U.S. nuclear command and control system for ICBMs
- Radio Emergency Associated Communication Teams, a volunteer radio emergency service which began by monitoring CB Channel 9 radio
- REACT belt, a restraint device
- React (record label), a 1990s London based dance record label
- ReactOS, an open source operating system compatible with Microsoft Windows
- React (Erick Sermon album), an album by rapper Erick Sermon
acknowledge, act, answer, answer back, be affected, be in tune, be inspired, be involved, be moved, behave, care about, catch the flame, catch the infection, change color, color with emotion, come back, come back at, dig, echo, empathize with, flash back, function, give acknowledgment, give answer, identify with, operate, perform, proceed, reciprocate, recur, reecho, rejoin, relate to emotionally, renovate, reply, respond, retaliate, retort, return, return answer, return for answer, reverberate, revert, riposte, say, say in reply, share, shoot back, snap back, sympathize with, take, take the bait, talk back, turn, turn back, work